Can't Stop Now, I'm Crazy Busy

It's easy to fall into the trap of being 'crazy busy'.                   Image:Pixabay

Have you ever heard yourself say something along the lines of, 'Can't stop now, I'm crazy busy'? And then you either rushed off or you stopped for just long enough to list off the things you had to do that day. Being 'crazy busy' can lead to fatigue, insomnia, stress, burn out and depression so it's important to slow down and don't try to do everything.



From personal experience I can say there always seems to be more I want to do and more I feel I should be doing. I wouldn't say I am 'crazy busy' but sometimes I get closer to that state than I want.



I try hard to keep it simple but it isn't easy.



Things I've done to try to keep it simple include:

  • Decluttering
  • Unsubscribing from email newsletters etc I don't read
  • Saying, 'No,' to an extra responsibility
  • Keeping meals simple. They are just as nutritious as more complicated meals.
  • Cooking double amounts and freezing one
  • Avoiding clothes that need ironing
  • Leaving my mobile at home when I go for a walk.



However, I still find myself getting busier than I am comfortable with.



As a reminder to myself I'm making a general list of things of ways to avoid getting to the 'crazy busy' stage :

  • Leave my laptop turned off until I'm dressed and have eaten breakfast.
  • Go to bed before midnight. Being a night owl I always want to stay up 'just a bit longer' and this can mean I don't get enough sleep.
  • Sometimes have a soak in the bath instead of a quick shower.
  • Eat sitting down.
  • Ask for help instead of trying to do everything myself.
  • Take regular stretch and exercise breaks when I'm using my laptop.
  • Don't take on responsibilities which are someone else's.
  • Say, 'No thanks,' and not feel guilty if I don't want to do something.


Even though I'm not currently in the paid workforce I am involved with family and the community. I volunteer, make a weekly visit to someone who can't get out on her own, attend a couple of community groups and have family responsibilities. Getting a balance in life is important and just taking time to sit and reflect can be beneficial.



It seems at any stage of adult life and whether one is employed or not, it is easy to become very busy. So, I am frequently doing a stock take to avoid taking on too much.

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts