MinaMaries - A Bunch of Stuff



So far we've spent $0 -zero, nada.
*****
MinaMaries is evolving. Hot with ideas (freedom driven - they seem really good late at night and not so good in the cool light of day).

Poor Marie is bombarded with horrific grammar-ed emails, so its good I have to slow up and explain things.
*****
We 'meet' via 'Google Hangouts' - for me a much easier Skype-thing, don't really want to do it on FaceBook messenger (and I don't even really  know why). That's once a week. 10 year old gson put me onto that...Thank you D darling xxx...
*****
This has not got anything to do with anything except a proud Nan - I was working on MinaMaries and he came and sat next to me. I'd like a website. Oh yeah...what would you do? Write stories. Sounds like a good idea, don't see why you can't.

10 minutes later he'd done it. Prooouuud Nan!!!

Because he's 10, his site is only available to those he gives the addy to...and me. Internet rules are - you got to protect ya kids! Yayyy.

His just-turned-8 year old bro says to me: Do you think its fair that D has a website before me? My oath I answer. He asked first. If you asked first you would have. Don't be jealous he thought of it first. I think I'd like one. No reason why you can't. What are you going to put on there? Well I'd like to do colouring pages and maybe a book. Well that's a good idea. You can if you want.

You see, he has a book he draws in that lives here at mine because just-turned 3 year old bro will probably scribble on it and rip the pages. It lives on a high shelf on a cabinet thing. He's got a bit of stuff in the pipeline already. (Gushing Nan!!!)
*****
Marie is kinda-having to- embrace technology a bit - and doing really well. Hahahaha I had to tell her to move her camera because I could only see the top of her head.

And I kept yelling 'Are you there? Are you there?' because my phone was getting flat - I plugged it into the charger and because there was no sound, I thought I'd cut her off. She was concentrating on a tech walk-through - she'd not gone AWOL.
*****
Door busts open, gsons x 3 come to say hello and gawk at the screen to see who I'm talking to and they wave and say Hi to Marie because she is Naarz's work friend in Ozzie.

One of their Mums comes in with a cuppa and snack...first time sandwiches, second time warm baked cupcakes.

Cupcakes and sandwiches for lunch! Spoilt!
Cupcakes and sandwiches for lunch! Spoilt!

Marie's a good sport and takes it well...

We are LEARNING.......
*****
I frig about making a FaceBook page - like our public hangout, and working on a forum - like our community hangout for members.

I bung Marie on as a Moderator (another job) - so we gonna have fun working all that lot out as we go.
*****
I have a look about because there might be a shop one day.........
*****
I go about all my old stuff and change Profiles and stuff - a lot of it is outdated etc, but are still there because they fill a need. For example one of my old things has been 'found' by teachers, kohangas, libraries and government departments - so they'll be around till no-one wants 'em.

Decided not to frig about trying to update etc...this is now....MinaMaries is what I'm doing now...those old things are like a kind of personal online history/record and like creative teachers say: its a sketchbook/diary where you can gauge your progress and see how far you've come.

I look at my old stuff and see what's been consistently popular and am readying stuff for here.
 *****
I go to update my Pinterest details and I'm surprised because somehow I have 5K+ followers to date. Oooh open a Rum!
*****
I get Adsense going to monetise MinaMaries - so if anyone clicks on an ad or something we might earn something (don't know how much till payout - only known to Google - could be a percentage of a cent - but me and Marie are not allowed to or we might get kicked off the program) - and find we need a Privacy Policy to save us (cos we are BlogSpot hosted) from suddenly disappearing one day because its an internet requirement and got to remember to regularly back up in case I've done something wrong and it happens anyway. Take a breath.

Current NZ minimum payout is $130 and Oz $100 (blow raspberry and don't know why). Payout cycle is monthly, so if you haven't made that amount it rolls over monthly until it does.

Privacy Policy was a pain in arse but sorted in the end. Getting less scared with html and CCS.

Gurus do not laugh. I go about look at some of you. Lots of people reckon its better to do without Adsense. I don't know yet. Suppose what your end aim is. Go for dollar or plod on. I'm a plodder. Need to understand things. It is a low income earner for many but its ok as we learn.

LEARNING.....

 It is good to know that Adsense does not care that we are not a dotCom...am I right in thinking they used to? Yep Internet like all other societies/cultures evolve, rules and ideas develop and change.

Also in NZ we are used to seeing 'URL.co.nz' so it's not odd to me see the format: https://www.MinaMaries.blogspot.com

 ***** 

Back in the day the general thought was that a Gmail address was not kosher. It always did me well. It doesn't seem to worry anyone now.

*****
SEO: Search engine optimisation. Yeah I get the gist of what they say. But I never felt I fitted in the box (or the algorithm box)I've never really worried about it. I might one day. One thing I have seen and believe in is that if people like what you are doing they will find you. That's the one consistent thing that has not changed since I've been Net-ing.

So, over 4 sites I founded from scratch without worrying about SEO I am a weee bit happy to have gleaned 25K+ subscribers organically. (I don't know if that's a good number or not in InternetLand).

Another thing, never liked numbers very much. Starting to see how they might be useful.
*****
But I was not the package. Now I think I might try to dress myself up and be a package.
*****
So what am I telling you all this for?

Because I am doing this now. It is current. It might be relevant if you want to have a go at things from scratch. You can see where I trip up and not go there. You might want to start your own thing...like me.

I am of an age where I am not concerned what people think of me (only what my lot thinks). For the first time in years I am happy online (online midlife crisis?) I am happiness on a stick.

LEARNING.....
*****
My background is Graphic Design+ but it would crush to me to have to sit do logos all day. I am interested and curious about too much. I love to make stuff. Observe things. I love to have my family and friends about. I love my home. And my time.

As an empty nester I don't have the responsibility I once did. I have the freedom to fill my days as I wish. Don't think I have a money tree either. I live a simple life. I am not swayed by whatever the Joneses may have. Little things thrill me to bits.



Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts